Automatic Payment (Direct Debit)
- Updated on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 October 02, 2012
Automatic Payment (Direct Debit) is a program designed to provide our customers with the option of paying your water and sewer bills through an automatic withdrawal from their checking account.
- Most convenient, reliable, and least expensive way to pay your bill
- Save time by not having to write checks or logon to make online payments
- Save the cost of postage
- No need to worry about payments getting lost in the mail or about late payment charges when you are out of town on business or vacation
- There is no charge for this service
To sign up for Automatic Payment:
- Complete and sign the Direct Debit Application
- Return the form to the City of Albany Utility Billing, P.O. Box 945, Albany, OR 97321
- Must include an original VOIDED check for the account you want to use for your Automatic Payment
Once we receive the application, it may take one to two billing periods to be enrolled. You will see an "auto pay" note on your bill once you are enrolled. You will still receive a bill from us each month. It will tell you how much money you owe and the due date when the funds will be withdrawn from your account.
To stop the Automatic Payment service:
- Complete and sign the Direct Debit Cancellation Form
- Return the completed form to the City of Albany Utility Billing, P.O. Box 945, Albany, OR 97321.
- Signed form must be received at least five (5) business days before your account is scheduled to be debited (the due date on your billing).
If you have additional questions, please call Utility Billing at 541-917-7547.
Translate this page: